Every morning that starts with a muffin is a good morning. I posted an iPhone photo of this muffin recipe on my Instagram months ago but I just got around to shooting them with my DSLR. I’m glad I’m finally uploading the post. I tweaked the recipe a bit and I’m very pleased with the results. I know you’ll love it.
I used oat flour to keep it gluten free and nutritious. The secret ingredient that gives theses muffins their fluffy texture is yogurt. I love adding yogurt to my muffins; it gives such a lovely moist feel. The combination of fresh raspberry and lemon in this recipe reminds me of summer. The surprise jam filling in the center really makes this a treat everyone in your home will love.
I hope these healthy muffins give you as much comfort and joy as they do me. Enjoy.
2 cups oat flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons honey
¼ cup coconut oil
1 cup low fat yogurt
2 large eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 cup fresh raspberries
1 tablespoon chia seeds for topping
2 tablespoons raspberry jam for filling
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Lightly grease your muffin tin with coconut oil.
- In a large mixing bowl, sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and add the yogurt, oil, lemon zest and vanilla extract.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry and mix till just blended (Don’t over mix or you’ll get a tough muffin). Gently fold in the raspberries.
- Spoon batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Spoon out the center of each and add a bit of the jam filling and cover. Sprinkle chai seeds on top.
- Bake for 13 to 15 minutes or until the top springs back when touch.
- Remove and cool before eating.