Tis the Season to be jolly So I’m gifting you with these beautiful green and festive pancakes. I hope your day is filled with lots of love and laughter.
These savoury pancakes get their beautiful colour from the cilantro and spinach in the batter which also provide a beautiful subtle flavour, just enough to get you dreaming of fresh green juices by the beach. I served it with my favourite tomato sauce and a perfectly coked egg. A spritz of lime is all you need to finish the dressing, it cuts though the layers of flavours and makes every bite taste like fireworks in your mouth. What’s more Christmassy than that?
The pancakes are moist and the flavour profile of cilantro and lime is just a winner. Enjoy x
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 cup spinach
- 1/2 bunch cilantro
- Its really easy! Add all your ingredients in a blender and puree till you get a smooth consistency.
- Leave to rest for 10 minutes
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and coat with cooking spray. Pour spoonfuls of batter onto the skillet, and cook until bubbles appear on the surface. Flip with a spatula, and cook until browned on the other side.
- Serve with tomato sauce an egg and a sprits of lime.