Hi Fit Foodies,
I’m so happy to present this simple recipe to you guys. It’s packed with the nutritious and “in” superfood kale. The cups are filled with delicious egg custard on the inside and crispy kale chips on the top. It’s great for breakfast and can be kept for up to a week in a fridge, plus its also easily customisable. You can jazz it up by adding some turkey bacon or chicken strips for extra protein. Video Tutorial below! xx
- Kale – 3 stalks
- Eggs – 8
- Cherry tomatoes – 1 cup diced
- Salt & Peper to taste
- Olive oil
- Optional: Paprika, chilli flakes, chicken seasoning
- Preheat your oven to 300 C, lightly grease a large muffin pan with olive oil.
- Remove Kale from the stems by gently pulling upwards. Blanch the kale in steaming water for 2 minutes and then rinse off with cool water. This step helps soften the hardy texture of the kale, I highly recommend it.
- Line each 4 muffin tins with the kale, crack in two eggs, add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes and served with a fresh salad. Enjoy.
Watch my tutorial video below