I know I should have a cup of green tea every morning because green tea is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that have beneficial effects on the body which include but are not limited to increased metabolism rate which in turns aids weight loss. Many studies have also proven that people who drink green tea have lower risks of cancer, increase in brain function, glowing skin, better digestion and so on.
Let’s face it, at 44 degrees, it is way to hot to drink tea. However I’m here to help with this recipe that’s not only delicious and creamy but is also loaded with all the benefits of Matcha the key ingredient in green tea. Enjoy!
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- 2 teaspoons Matcha powder
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla paste
- 2 tbsp. Tahini (sesame paste)
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Sesame seeds, to top
If you’re in Dubai, you can find this at Holland & Barrett’s Dubai mall or order online at Earthfood.me
I used my Ice-cream maker for this as I find that it gives the best results.
- Make sure the bowl of your ice cream maker has been in the freezer for at least a day.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients except the sesame seeds till smooth.Optional – Pass through a fine sieve for extra smooth ice-cream.
- Freeze the mixture for 1 hour and then pour in your iceceam in the icecream maker and churn according to its instructions. Pour into freezer safe container and freeze for at least 1 hours before serving.
- Serve in coconut bowls if you’re feeling fancy and top with sesame seeds for crunch!