This has become one of my favorite Paleo breakfasts. I love the sweet taste of plantains, and including them in savory dishes is always a delicious decision.
Note: In Dubai plantains are also known as “Indian Banana” and they are usually stocked by most local groceries.
This recipe is as balanced as they come with a hearty serving of kale, eggs and meat in every delightful bite. It is Grain free, Paleo and Dairy Free.
- 1 medium plantain, peeled and cut into cubes
- 1 handful fresh kale, roughly chopped
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon. olive oil
- ½ cup minced meat, seasoned and cooked
- A sprinkle of salt
- A pinch of chili flakes & dried rosemary (Optional)
- In a frying pan, heat up olive oil to medium high, then add the cubed plantains. Stir evenly to cook, 6-8 minutes.
- Once the plantains are cooked through and browned, add the minced meat and season with chili flakes and rosemary.
- Lower the heat, then add the kale and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook for an additional 5 minutes. After the kale has softened, remove the lid and stir again. Taste and add salt if required.
- Top with a fried egg per serving. Enjoy!