Ah! Thank God for Pancake month. I’m so excited to bring you guys this recipe. Flaky melt in your mouth crepes, sweet and salty peanut butter, the smooth rich texture of of salted dark chocolate and that crunchy buttery light popcorn to top. It’s literally a party in your mouth and if you love peanut butter like me? You’ll want this for your birthday breakfast.
P.s To all of you who have been trying my recipes and sending me pics? Thank you! Please keep them coming!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 cups soy milk
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
Fillings & Toppings
- 1 cup Peanut Butter (melted)
- 1 cup Dark chocolate melted + ½ teaspoon seasalt
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 2 cups butter popcorn (Popped)
- Mix flour, salt, coconut sugar, soymilk, eggs, vanilla extract and coconut oil in a large blender till a smooth lump-free mixture form. Pass through a sieve if necessary.
- Allow batter to sit at room temperature for 15 to 20 minutes. Heat a non-stick skillet to medium high heat and grease lightly with coconut oil. Add 1/3 cup of batter and spread over the pan thinly by swirling around gently. Cook for 1 minute or until the edges begin to crisp. Flip crepe and cook for an additional 30 seconds on the other side.
- Keep crepe aside and repeat process until the entire batter is done, this should give you about 15 crepes. Crepes can keep for a week in the freezer.
- Note: You can begin to fill the crepes at this stage, but if you’re like me and like things a bit higher, use a 6-inch circle cutter and cut out two stacks and place them on top each other.
- Layer each crepe with peanut butter till the entire stack is done. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, then cover with a layer of melted dark chocolate. Top with Popcorn and drizzle more chocolate for a nice touch.
Serve and enjoy! Disclaimer. This is a really rich recipe. It should serve 6-8 people.