Hi Fit Foodies,
I’m so excited to share this recipe with you, pancakes are my favourite food to make but I bet you already knew that. So when Earthfoods gifted with some Bob’s Red Mill Quinoa flour which is Gluten free and vegan, I knew exactly what I was going to do with them. I’ve always made quinoa pancakes using cooked quinoa so naturally I did some research before trying the flour out. This recipe is adapted from plethora of recipes I found online. The fluffiness in these pancakes were worth all the hassle. It literally feels like pillows of air in your mouth, topped with a dark chocolate ganache and fresh blueberries, I can’t think of a better way to start your morning.
I hope you enjoy and please try the recipe and let me know what you think. You can order your Quinoa flour from erathfoods.me
Watch my video recipe HERE
The secret to extra fluffy pancakes? Vinegar.
- 1 cup quinoa flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup of lowfat yogurt
- 1 large ripe banana (mashed)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup almond milk
- 1 tsp vinegar (opt)
- Just place every thing in a jar and shake. Just kidding.
- In a large bowl whisk together quinoa flour, baking powder and baking soda then set aside. In another bowl, mix the mashed banana, yogurt, vanilla, egg, almond milk, honey and vinegar.
- Fold the wet mixture into the dry ingredients gently until just combined. Leave to rest for 10 mins.
- Heat a girdle to medium high and cook spoonfuls of the batter for 2 to 3 mins on each side till golden brown.