Chicken is my bread and butter. You won’t catch me eating bread and butter, but I definitely luh me some good ol’ chicken. It’s very easy to get into a rut when cooking chicken, but this is one recipe I never get tired of and I’m pretty sure it’ll become one of your favorites too.
The marinade is made with a base of limejuice, which makes for very tender and juicy meat; the dill and cilantro pack a punch of flavor that is further emphasized when married with lemon infused olive oil, garlic and chili. It’s seriously SO good guys, flavors made in heaven. I like to marinate my chicken the day before and I keep in my fridge for an easy and accessible dinner the following day. However if you’re in a rush, I reckon 30 mins of marinade time would work as well.
When the chicken cooks, the marinade reduces in the pan and forms a delicious, sauce that is perfect with some roasted sweet potatoes, brown rice or quinoa.
- 4 chicken Legs
- ½ bunch dill
- ½ bunch cilantro
- 2 green chili peppers
- 4 limes, juice & zest
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 small onion
- 4-tbps. olive oil (I used lemon olive oil gifted to me by Carluccio’s Dubai)
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
- 1 chicken stock cube, optional
- In a blender add dill, cilantro, chili, lime juice & zest, garlic, onion, olive oil, salt, pepper and chicken stock cube. Blend till a rough paste forms.
- Pierce your chicken legs with a fork to allow marinate to seep in, then rub the paste into the chicken and leave to marinade overnight in the fridge, or for 30 mins if you’re pressed for time.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 400 degrees F, then lay the chicken, skin side up in a roasting pan. Add extra marinade for more sauce if you like. Roast for 20 – 25 minutes and in the last 3 minutes of cooking time. Transfer to the broiler to crisp up the chicken skin.
- Serve and enjoy as is or with some roasted sweet potatoes, brown rice or quinoa