So I’ve been put on an oatmeal for breakfast routine by my personal trainer but we both know there’s no way in hell, excuse my French that I’m going to eat oatmeal the same way everyday, so you know I’m about to shake things up.
For me, the charm in healthy eating has always been in variety, so I present my take on savory oatmeal with salmon, avocado and spicy mushrooms. I don’t mind eating oatmeal everyday, if I can jazz it up like this.
Try my recipe for you next best breakfast.
- ½ cup quick cook oatmeal
- 1-cup coconut milk
- 1 mushroom, sliced
- 1 small onion, diced finely
- 1 garlic clove, diced finely
- 1 scotch bonnet, diced finely
- 1 egg, fried as you like
- Chili flakes, optional
- Olive oil
- Salt & Pepper to taste
Toppings – Smoked Salmon, Cherry Tomatoes, Parsley, Avocado
- Heat the pan to medium high. Add a splash of olive oil and then sauté the onions, garlic and mushroom till tender, season with salt, pepper and chili flakes.
- Set the cooked mushrooms aside. In the same pan add the soymilk and bring to a boil, add oatmeal and cook for 5 minutes.
- Once oatmeal is cooked, top with egg, mushrooms, smoked salmon, cherry tomatoes, parsley and avocado. Enjoy!