So its spring break and my sister is spending the week with me. She’s literally brought her whole kitchen and wardrobe along with her. You know those people that need to feel at home everywhere they go?
Yeah, that’s Eni.
Not that I’m complaining cough she brought along her Spiralizer which she got for a complete steal at $15. I’ve had my eye on it for a while but it’s just one of those things I never got around to buying. I didn’t have a hard time deciding what my first spiralized dish would be, I knew it had to be “S-oodles”, sweet potato noodles essentially.
Nothing beats well cooked sweet potatoes, the most friendly carb I know. All you need to make this delicious dish is to, create your noodles with a Spiralizer , a mandolin will also give you nice noodle strip FYI. Then you sauté some ginger and garlic in coconut oil, add the S-ooodles and cook them down for 8 – 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. When they are just about cooked through, you can add some freshly minced parsley, salt, pepper and fish sauce for nice clean flavors.
You can then serve it with some slices of avocado, roasted tomatoes and a fried egg a ridiculously yummy meal.
- 1 orange sweet potato
- 1-tablespoon garlic & ginger paste
- 2-tablespoon coconut oil
- 1-tablespoon freshly minced parsley
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Wash and peel the sweet potato and attached it to your spiraliser. Follow the pack directions to make noodles.
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat and add coconut oil. Add the ginger garlic paste and stir. Add the s-oodles and cook down for 8-10 minutes.
- Add the fresh parsley and season with slat and pepper. Cook for another 5 minutes till cooked through.
- Serve as you like or with some slices of avocado, roasted tomatoes and a fried egg.